TITANS OF TRIVIA: Corporate Charity Challenge
Date: Jan 11, 2021
Team Open: $5,000.00
Registration Deadline: Nov 30, 2020
Location: Zoom Call/Online You will be emailed the exact info prior to your Event Map
Teams playing to give back. Raising $200,000 for charities.
WHAT IS THE EVENT?
Your company team will go head to head with other corporate teams for bragging rights - to be crowned as the “Know-it-alls of Nothing”, the “Magnates of Minutiae”... the “TITANS OF TRIVIA”! From the comfort of your own home via video, you will compete in a Team Trivia elimination style tournament, raising more money for your charity with every trivia win!
1. Help Hard Hit Charities. Play to raise up to $200,000 for a variety of charities.
2. Connect with your Corporate team for some much needed laughs. Play to engage and laugh with your team - and of course for the bragging rights.
3. Support a small business (that is us!) trying hard to ‘pivot’. JAM - powered by the Sport & Social Group is working hard to make a BIG impact for charities and corporations, while also trying to help our small business!
Win or lose, you'll raise money for a charity of your choice, and have some fun with your co-workers in the process.
WHAT IS THE COST?
$5000 + HST. Right off the bat, a minimum of $1000 will go to your charity, regardless of your team's results. If you are the championship team, you will earn up to $50,000 for the charity of your choice.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- WARM UP EVENT: An internal company trivia event for up to 100 of your employees. Get your whole team involved in this fun just for your company that will take place before the main event. Let's pick a date and time that works for you.
- MAIN EVENT: Select your 10 best (or most deserving) co-workers to represent your company in the elimination style TITANS OF TRIVIA event, competing in up to 5 more events as you advance.
- YOUR CHARITY: Showcase your charity of choice. Let's bring awareness to your cause as you strive to raise funds.
- CHARITY AND PRIZE MONEY: As your team advances further in the bracket, you will raise more for your choice of charity, up to $50,000 for the TITANS.
- HOSTS: All events will be managed by JAM's team of professional hosts.
WHEN DOES ALL OF THIS TAKE PLACE?
- The warm-up event for your company can be scheduled between now and January 7th. This could be pre-work, over lunch or post-work. Whatever works for your company. This is meant to be a fun and social event for your whole staff (up to 100 people)
- First round of the tournament: Mon, Jan 11th - Thurs, Jan 14th. 6:30pm or 8:15pm. (Your team will be given a timeslot well in advance)
- Win in round 1, and you are off to the second round: Tues, Jan 19th or Wed, Jan 20th. 6:30pm or 8:15pm
- Win in round 2, and you are off to the third round: Tues, Jan 26th. 6:30pm or 8:15pm
- Win in round 3, and you are off to the final rounds: Tues, Feb 2nd and Tues Feb 9th. 7pm.
CAN WE ENTER MULTIPLE TEAMS?
Absolutely! Many big corporations will have multiple teams competing against each other from a variety of departments - see how Finance stacks up against Marketing when it comes to trivia knowledge! Each team fee provides a MAIN EVENT for the entire company or department - whatever works best for your organization!
CAN WE CHALLENGE ANOTHER COMPANY?
Yes! Please do encourage other corporations in your industry to compete against your team for bragging rights!
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE TRIVIA?
We will be asking some fun and interesting trivia questions to test your general knowledge. Perhaps there will be some classic categories like Geography, Entertainment, Science and History. Maybe you will get questions about Netflix Binging, Current Events, Politics, Sports and the Kardashians. Who knows?
WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY?
We will use a special trivia app for quick and accurate gameplay. Our professional hosts will guide you through this straightforward process. Each participant must have access to the internet and at least one device and preferably two if possible (i.e. phone and computer) in order to be on both a video call and the trivia app.
HOW DOES SCORING WORK?
We will track both your individual score and your overall team score. So, you'll know exactly how you stack up. Each round, your team will take on one other company. The winning company will move on to the next round.
WHICH CHARITY SHOULD WE CHOOSE?
Many organizations have a partner charity - what a great way to help them out while providing a fun event for your own team to connect, laugh and play together. If you don't have a charity that you regularly support, there are many great causes needing support now more than ever. Reach out to us and we can partner you up with a charity in need.